Friday, November 26, 2010


WIP: Simply Neopolitan Socks P.2
The past week I've been turned into a major hermit homebody. I've been refusing to leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary. Even the Munchkin doesn't want to leave the house, and he's always wanting to go outside. The few times that we've tried to get him to go, we would bundle him up, he'd take a few steps outside, then run back inside trying to take his jacket off! It's just way too cold outside, so much so that even going to grab the mail results in frozen toes and a running nose that lasts for hours.
Luckily we did our weekly grocery shop on Monday and there's plenty of things to do around the house. And luckily I'm a knitter, so I'm surrounded by warm wooly goodness, both to wear and play with!

It's been so cold that all I can think about is knitting socks. So I've picked up my first toe-up pair that have been in the works since May. I've got one sock completed, which I've been wearing while knitting up its mate. I haven't been knitting on these solely cause I hated the needles that I was working with and it didn't occur to me to change needles. Then again, I didn't have another pair of 2mm (US 0) needles until my Knit Picks order came in the mail a month or so ago. I was using Addi Turbo Lace needles before, which I will never use again! I don't know what the big deal is with Addi and why some people will only knit with Addis. The points on my Knit Picks needles are much pointer than Addis AND my Knit Picks needles don't turn colours and make both your hands and your knitting smell like dirty pennies. I know that not all Addi needles do that, but the Addi Turbo Lace needles definitely do. Ugh! I have quite a few of the Turbo Lace needles that I have yet to use and now don't know what to do with. All I know is that I will definitely not be using them, ever. Gross! Maybe I can swap them?

Anyways, the Munchkin and I are planning on venturing out today, since it's apparently back to normal island weather. Not to mention I'm going a little stir crazy with cabin fever! Luckily I'm going to Knit Night later today, it'll be nice to converse with people who have more than 10 words to their lexicon. With that said, I better get dressed and ready to go. I think a trip to my LYS is in order. Just to see what's new...

PS: Sorry for the crap title. I couldn't think of anything clever to call this post.


  1. Cute socks! Your comments about Knit Picks needles over Addis sealed my decision to go for the Knit Picks. I've gone back and forth on which direction to go but the penny smell, yup, that convinced me!

  2. Thanks Wendy!

    I hope you like the Knit Picks needles! I would feel bad if you didn't. Just in case, to make you feel even better, about 90% of the girls in my knitting group own the Knit Picks interchangeable set. The other 10% prefer to use straights whenever possible. I also find the for the price that the KP needles go for, it's a great deal. I think I've spent twice what the set cost for only 4 Addi needles! Also, the customer service at KP is amazing! Best customer service that I've ever received!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...